- Impacts, Risks, and Adaptation in the United States: The Fourth National Climate Assessment, Volume II
- Featured Publications
- All Publications
activity : indicator-ocean-chlorophyll-concentrations-panel-3-process-2020
* The geospatial subset of all satellite (month-by-year chlorophyll) data falling within the boundaries of this region were spatially averaged into a single-stream month-by-year time series.
* That stream was then run through the standard "Mackas" analysis (outlined O'Brien et al. 2013) to create annual anomalies of chlorophyll.
* The linear regression over the entire period of record was also calculated.
* The annual anomalies were plotted as vertical bars crossing at the zero-value Y-axis. Values below average were colored blue, and values above average were colored green. *A black line was drawn on top of these bars to show the trend (increasing or decreasing) derived from the linear regression. * The 1998-2019 average value was added to the chart, along with a numbered label indicating which region was analyzed.
Methodology Citation: O’Brien, T. D., Wiebe, P.H., and Falkenhaug, T. (Eds). 2013. ICES Zooplankton Status Report 2010/2011. ICES Cooperative Research Report No. 318. 208 pp
Methodology Contact: Todd O'Brien, NOAA NMFS
How the source was modified: A geospatial subset of data were used from the combined SeaWiFS and MODIS-Aqua "ocean color" datasets.
The duration of this activity was 2 hours.Interim artifacts generated by this activity :
USGCRP-NASAchl-update-through-2019__TOB-2020-Jun-19_charts.xlsxOutput artifacts generated by this activity :
Computing environment : MacOSX
Software used : ArcGIS
Visualization software used : SigmaPlot,Adobe Photoshop
The input object was time bounded starting from January 01, 1998 (00:00 AM)
The input object was time bounded ending at December 31, 2019 (00:00 AM)
The input object was bounded spatially:
This activity resulted in the following :
- image a554371b-9f06-45b6-bb1a-aa975b281b37 was derived from dataset SeaWiFS Global Monthly Mapped 9 km Chlorophyll a
- image a554371b-9f06-45b6-bb1a-aa975b281b37 was derived from table 2: Annual Chlorophyll Concentrations: Gulf of Alaska
- image a554371b-9f06-45b6-bb1a-aa975b281b37 was derived from dataset MODIS Aqua Level 3 Monthly Mapped 9 km Chlorophyll
Alternatives : JSON YAML Turtle N-Triples JSON Triples RDF+XML RDF+JSON Graphviz SVG