- Impacts, Risks, and Adaptation in the United States: The Fourth National Climate Assessment, Volume II
- Featured Publications
- All Publications
activity : indicator-terrestrial-carbon-storage-process-2019
* Forests data were calculated as the sum of two categories in Table 2-8: “Forest Land Remaining Forest Land” and "Land Converted to Forest Land".
* Urban forests data were calculated as the sum of two categories in Table 2-8: “Settlements Remaining Settlements” and "Land Converted to Settlements".
* Croplands and grasslands were calculated as the sum of four categories in Table 2-8: “Cropland Remaining Cropland”, “Land Converted to Cropland”, “Grassland Remaining Grassland”, and “Land Converted to Grassland”.
* Data were plotted as stacked bars * Labels were added to indicate "Carbon dioxide stored" or "Carbon dioxide released"
Methodology Contact: Richard Birdsey, U.S. Forest Service
How the source was modified: Data were multiplied by negative one, so that positive values indicate net sequestration and negative values indicate carbon dioxide released.
The duration of this activity was 2 hours.Interim artifacts generated by this activity :
Table 2-8.csv,Terrestial-Carbon-Storage-07102019_chart.xlsxOutput artifacts generated by this activity :
Computing environment : Mac OS Version 10.14.4
Software used : Microsoft Excel
Visualization software used : Microsoft Excel,SigmaPlot,Adobe Photoshop
The input object was time bounded starting from January 01, 1990 (00:00 AM)
The input object was time bounded ending at December 31, 2017 (00:00 AM)
The input object was bounded spatially:
This activity resulted in the following :
Alternatives : JSON YAML Turtle N-Triples JSON Triples RDF+XML RDF+JSON Graphviz SVG