- Impacts, Risks, and Adaptation in the United States: The Fourth National Climate Assessment, Volume II
- Featured Publications
- All Publications
activity : nca4-copy_of_projected-temperature-change_98pq9-process
1. For each model at each grid point, the mean annual temperature under the RCP8.5 scenario was calculated for each year.
2. For each model at each grid point, the mean temperature under the RCP8.5 scenario was calculated for the period of 2036–2065, and the mean temperature for the reference period was calculated for the period of 1986-2015. To calculate the mean values for the reference period, the RCP8.5 scenario data for 2006-2015 were appended to the historical data for 1986-2005, and then the 30-year mean was calculated using the period of 1986-2015.
3. At each grid point, the difference in projected temperature was calculated for 2036–2065 minus 1986–2015.
4. For each model, these data were re-gridded to a common grid.
5. At each grid point, the mean temperature difference was computed by averaging the following models:
ACCESS1-0, ACCESS1-3, bcc-csm1-1, BNU-ESM, CanESM2, CCSM4, CNRM-CM5, CSIRO-Mk3-6-0, FGOALS-g2, GFDL-CM3, GFDL-ESM2G, GFDL-ESM2M, GISS-E2-R-p1, HadGEM2-AO, HadGEM2-ES, inmcm4, IPSL-CM5A-LR, MIROC5, MIROC-ESM, MPI-ESM-LR, MPI-ESM-MR, MRI-CGCM3.
6. The mean temperature difference was plotted for grid points in the Contiguous U.S., Alaska, Hawai’i, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Multi-model mean CMIP5 annual temperature projections under the RCP8.5 scenario were plotted for the Contiguous U.S., Alaska, Hawai’i, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, for 2036–2065 relative to 1986–2015.
Methodology Contact: Kenneth E. Kunkel, North Carolina State University
The duration of this activity was 120 hours.Interim artifacts generated by this activity :
access1-0.gs; access1-3.gs; bcc-csm1-1-t.gs; bnu-t.gs; can-t.gs ccsm4-t.gs cnrm-cm5-t.gs csiro-mk3-6-0-en01-t.gs fgoals-g2-t.gs gfdl-cm3-t.gs gfdl-esm2g-t.gs gfdl-esm2m-t.gs giss-e2r-t.gs hadgem2-a0-t.gs hadgem2-es-t.gs inmcm4-t.gs ispl-cm5a-lr-t.gs miroc5-t.gs miroc-esm-chem-t.gs miroc-esm-t.gs mpi-esm-lr-t.gs mpi-esm-mr-t.gs mri-cgcm3-t.gs,intp.gs intp-1.gs,mme.gs,w.f,t2m-rcp85-wann-2050-2085.txt,RCP85_2050.ai, RCP85_2050_AK.ai, RCP85_2050_HI.ai, RCP85_2050_PR.aiOutput artifacts generated by this activity :
Change Climate_obs and proj temp change_v3.png; on TSU Resources site
Computing environment : Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.3
Software used : FORTRAN: G95 (GCC 4.0.3 (g95 0.94!) Jan 17 2013),Grid Analysis and Display System (GrADS) Version 2.0.2
Visualization software used : Grid Analysis and Display System (GrADS) Version 2.0.2
The input object was time bounded starting from January 01, 1986 (00:00 AM)
The input object was time bounded ending at December 31, 2065 (00:00 AM)
The input object was bounded spatially:
This activity resulted in the following :
Alternatives : JSON YAML Turtle N-Triples JSON Triples RDF+XML RDF+JSON Graphviz SVG