- Impacts, Risks, and Adaptation in the United States: The Fourth National Climate Assessment, Volume II
- Featured Publications
- All Publications
activity : nca4-se_change-in-hot-days-warm-nights_23k9l-process
1. Stations were chosen with less than 10% missing data for the period of 1895-2011
2. For each station, the number of days with maximum temperature above 95F was counted for each year.
3. For each one-degree by one-degree grid box in the southeast region, for each year with available data, the average number of days above 95F was calculated as the arithmetic average of the values for all available stations in the grid box.
4. The average number of days above 95F in the region was calculated as the arithmetic average of all of the grid box values in the region.
5. The decadal values were calculated as the average of the annual values in each decade.
The decadal averages were plotted as a bar graph
Methodology Contact: Kenneth E. Kunkel; North Carolina State University
The duration of this activity was 15 hours.Interim artifacts generated by this activity :
/snfs4/assessment/kennethkunkel/kkunkel/extremes/StateSummaries/stations18952011-90_SCchanges.temp,/snfs4/assessment/kennethkunkel/kkunkel/extremes/StateSummaries/gethotextremeshitmax_2016.f95,/snfs4/assessment/kennethkunkel/kkunkel/extremes/StateSummaries/hotextremes_tmax95Fdays_1900_2016_Mar14_2017.txt,/snfs4/assessment/kennethkunkel/kkunkel/extremes/StateSummaries/gridaverage_regions_updatedUSW_Aug19_2016.f95,/snfs4/assessment/kennethkunkel/kkunkel/extremes/StateSummaries/gridprcpextremes_tmax95F_1900_2016_regions_NCA4.txt,gridprcpextremes_tmax95F_1900_2016_regions_NCA4.xlsxOutput artifacts generated by this activity :
SE_change hot days warm nights_v4.png; on TSU resources site
Computing environment : Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.5; MacOS High Sierra Version 10.13
Software used : FORTRAN; G95 (GCC 4.0.3 (g95 0.94!) Jan 17 2013)
Visualization software used : Excel; Microsoft Excel for Mac 16.2
The input object was time bounded starting from January 01, 1900 (00:00 AM)
The input object was time bounded ending at December 31, 2016 (00:00 AM)
The input object was bounded spatially:
This activity resulted in the following :
Alternatives : JSON YAML Turtle N-Triples JSON Triples RDF+XML RDF+JSON Graphviz SVG