- Impacts, Risks, and Adaptation in the United States: The Fourth National Climate Assessment, Volume II
- Featured Publications
- All Publications
activity : noaa-led-state-summaries-2017-az-projected-change-in-spring-precipitation-process
1. For each model at each grid point, the mean spring precipitation under the RCP8.5 scenario was calculated.
2. For each model, these data were re-gridded to a common grid.
3. For each model at each grid point, the mean spring precipitation under the RCP8.5 scenario was calculated for two periods: 1971-2000 and 2041-2070.
4. At each grid point, the difference in projected spring precipitation was calculated for 2041-2070 minus 1971-2000.
5. At each grid point, the mean spring precipitation difference was computed by averaging the following models:
BCC-CSM1.1, CCSM4, CSIRO-Mk3-6-0, FIO-ESM, GFDL-CM3, GFDL-ESM2G, GFDL-ESM2M, GISS-E2-R, HadGEM2-A0, HadGEM2-ES, IPSL-CM5B-LR, IPSL-CM5A-LR, MIROC5, MIROC-ESM-CHEM, MIROC-ESM, MRI-CGCM3.
6. Data were plotted for grid points in the contiguous United States with model agreement indicated as follows:
Category 1: If less than 50% of the models indicate a statistically significant change then the multi-model mean is shown in color;
Category 2: If more than 50% of the models indicate a statistically significant change but less than 67% of the significant models agree on the sign of the change, then the grid points are masked out;
Category 3: If more than 50% of the models indicate a statistically significant change and more than 67% of the significant models agree on the sign of the change, then the multimodel mean is shown in color with hatching.
Multi-model mean CMIP5 (RCP8.5 scenario) spring precipitation projections were plotted for the contiguous United States, for 2041-2070 relative to 1971-2000.
Methodology Contact: Liqiang Sun, CICS-NC/NCEI
The duration of this activity was 9 hours and 30 minutes.Interim artifacts generated by this activity :
rcp85-pcp-mam-ave.txt,CMIP_SeasonalComparison_Precip_2041_2070_US_V5.jpg,CMIP_Fig32A_v4.png,Figure32a_CMIP_Seasonal_Precip_2041_2070_CONUS.mpkOutput artifacts generated by this activity :
CICS computer cluster /snfs4/assessment/state summaries
Computing environment : Linux (CentOS release 6.4)
Software used : Fortran 95,f95 compiler,GrADS,ArcGIS
Visualization software used : ArcGIS
The input object was time bounded starting from January 01, 1971 (00:00 AM)
The input object was time bounded ending at December 31, 2070 (00:00 AM)
The input object was bounded spatially:
This activity resulted in the following :
Alternatives : JSON YAML Turtle N-Triples JSON Triples RDF+XML RDF+JSON Graphviz SVG