- Climate Science Special Report: The Fourth National Climate Assessment: Volume I
- Featured Publications
- All Publications
Figure : slr_co2-and-historical-global-mean-sea-level_v1
Sea Level Rise, CO2, and Historical Global Mean Sea Level
Figure 12.2Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Robert E. Kopp
This figure appears in chapter 12 of the Climate Science Special Report: The Fourth National Climate Assessment: Volume I report.
(a) The relationship between peak global mean temperature, maximum global mean sea level (GMSL), and source(s) of meltwater for two periods in the past with global mean temperature comparable to or warmer than present. Light blue shading indicates uncertainty of GMSL maximum. Red pie charts over Greenland and Antarctica denote fraction, not location, of ice retreat. Atmospheric CO2 levels in 2100 are shown under RCP8.5 (b) GMSL rise from −500 to 1900 CE, from Kopp et al.’sa0130167-b319-493d-bedc-7cab8f8fe9d9 geological and tide gauge-based reconstruction (blue), from 1900 to 2010 from Hay et al.’s7c318710-b8fb-4e09-9982-546f2b60be67 tide gauge-based reconstruction (black), and from 1992 to 2015 from the satellite-based reconstruction updated from Nerem et al.7b7ffcb0-766c-43b3-ac22-db29fbffef71 (magenta). (Figure source: (a) adapted from Dutton et al. 2015c0bdfdf2-5012-4496-9d27-c8d540fd4d4b and (b) Sweet et al. 2017c66bf5a9-a6d7-4043-ad99-db0ae6ae562c ).
Copyright protected. Obtain permission from the original figure source.
This figure was created on October 06, 2017.
This figure was submitted on October 13, 2017.
- Estimating Mean Sea Level Change from the TOPEX and Jason Altimeter Missions (7b7ffcb0)
- Probabilistic reanalysis of twentieth-century sea-level rise (7c318710)
- Temperature-driven global sea-level variability in the Common Era (a0130167)
- Sea-level rise due to polar ice-sheet mass loss during past warm periods (c0bdfdf2)
- Global and Regional Sea Level Rise Scenarios for the United States (c66bf5a9)
This figure is composed of these images :
Alternatives : JSON YAML Turtle N-Triples JSON Triples RDF+XML RDF+JSON Graphviz SVG