- Climate Change Impacts in the United States: The Third National Climate Assessment
- Featured Publications
- All Publications
Figure : projected-changes-in-soil-moisture-for-the-western-us
Projected Changes in Soil Moisture for the Western U.S.
Figure 2.22National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration National Climatic Data Center
This figure appears in chapter 2 of the Climate Change Impacts in the United States: The Third National Climate Assessment report.
Average change in soil moisture compared to 1971-2000, as projected for the middle of this century (2041-2070) and late this century (2071-2100) under two emissions scenarios, a lower scenario (B1) and a higher scenario (A2).0b3b2ff4-9ee7-45fe-8d0c-895076013715 f312de7c-ebe1-447f-93c5-c2ddec528464 a71d11d2-beed-43b3-8417-372422c035f6 dcf754dd-dd36-474c-8f78-981b0bc507d5 ec534395-9d19-446f-90c4-a181c9ed31f0 66b53949-2796-4cb3-ba86-0d0509f128fb 9c0b6ae6-4bb4-4a27-b6ec-1b0c2dc1cc93 The future drying of soils in most areas simulated by this sophisticated hydrologic model (Variable Infiltration Capacity or VIC model) is consistent with the future drought increases using the simpler Palmer Drought Severity Index (PDSI) metric. Only the western U.S. is displayed because model simulations were only run for this area. (Figure source: NOAA NCDC / CICS-NC).
When citing this figure, please reference NOAA NCDC / CICS-NC.
Free to use with credit to the original figure source.
This figure was created on September 19, 2012.
- Increasing drought under global warming in observations and models (0b3b2ff4)
- A retrospective assessment of National Centers for Environmental Prediction climate model–based ensemble hydrologic forecasting in the western United States (66b53949)
- A Test Bed for New Seasonal Hydrologic Forecasting Approaches in the Western United States (9c0b6ae6)
- Surface soil moisture parameterization of the VIC-2L model: Evaluation and modification (a71d11d2)
- A Long-Term Hydrologically Based Dataset of Land Surface Fluxes and States for the Conterminous United States (dcf754dd)
- Streamflow simulation for continental-scale river basins (ec534395)
- A simple hydrologically based model of land surface water and energy fluxes for general circulation models (f312de7c)
This figure is composed of these images :
Alternatives : JSON YAML Turtle N-Triples JSON Triples RDF+XML RDF+JSON Graphviz SVG