- Impacts, Risks, and Adaptation in the United States: The Fourth National Climate Assessment, Volume II
- Featured Publications
- All Publications
Figure : tribal-climate-adaptation-planning-in-alaska
Adaptation Planning in Alaska
Figure 26.9University of Alaska Fairbanks
Sarah F. Trainor
This figure appears in chapter 26 of the Impacts, Risks, and Adaptation in the United States: The Fourth National Climate Assessment, Volume II report.
The map shows tribal climate adaptation planning efforts in Alaska. Research is considered to be adaptation under some classification schemes.8a4a7259-451b-41eb-b9ec-1b4889f3a3e6,5a3052a4-1cd1-44c0-ab96-a3ac860fa3d9 Alaska is scientifically data poor, compared to other Arctic regions.c4baf88e-ac25-4f7b-b37a-2c729d75b1dc In addition to research conducted at universities and by federal scientists, local community observer programs exist through several organizations, including the National Weather Service for weather and river ice observations;08917895-a3cc-4696-9a03-e018a64de9cf the University of Alaska for invasive species;a87deb8f-e846-48a0-82e4-e9b58379c5a9 and the Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium for local observations of environmental change.e9b2d9fd-7ced-4e3e-96a6-6698a898c6d1 Additional examples of community-based monitoring can be found through the website of the Alaska Ocean Observing System.56cdec1b-2abc-412f-8c73-a0550475a632 Source: adapted from Meeker and Kettle 2017.b6164999-c61e-45b2-8d9e-a4a25790efce
Figure may be copyright protected and permission may be required. Contact original figure source for information
This figure was created on March 30, 2018.
This figure was submitted on November 29, 2018.
Related NASA GCMD keywords
- webpage National Weather Service Cooperative Observer Program (08917895)
- webpage Harmful Algal Bloom Information System for Kachemak Bay, Alaska (56cdec1b)
- Observed adaptation to climate change: UK evidence of transition to a well-adapting society (5a3052a4)
- Confronting Climate Change: Avoiding the Unmanageable and Managing the Unavoidable. Report Prepared for the United Nations Commission on Sustainable Development (8a4a7259)
- webpage BioMap Alaska: Citizen Science for Alaska’s Oceans [web site] (a87deb8f)
- A synthesis of climate adaptation planning needs in Alaska Native communities (b6164999)
- Report on the Goals and Objectives for Arctic Research 2013-2014 (c4baf88e)
- webpage Local Environmental Observer (LEO) Network (e9b2d9fd)
This figure is composed of this image :
Alternatives : JSON YAML Turtle N-Triples JSON Triples RDF+XML RDF+JSON Graphviz SVG